It’s the time of the year when everyone is searching for the perfect gift for that special person in your life, and, naturally, one turns to beauty and grooming products that will help you look and feel your best in the coming year. We’ve done our research and tested dozens of products which claim to do everything from tame unruly hair, to help your skin look like it’s glowing from the inside out.
This is our Holiday 2015 Gift Guide for the appearance-conscious man. Whether this gift is for you or someone you love, these products are the best at what they do. Combined, they make the perfect package to address hair and skin needs for the coming year and beyond.
1. WEN Men Hair and Body Cleansing Conditioner $72: Imagine waking up every morning and filling your steam-covered shower with scents of cardamom, ginger, bamboo and amber. This universal product acts as a one-stop cleanser for your hair and skin. It shampoos, conditions and moisturizes – through a very simple and enjoyable process. Company founder Chaz Dean knows what men want, and it’s effortless but effective grooming from head to toe.
2. Kapuluan Raw Organic Coconut Oil $20: This raw, handcrafted coconut oil is pressed by hand from coconuts that hail from the Philippines. Family farms work with the company to create small batches of this creamy, nutrient-rich white butter that can be used to aid everything from eczema to facial redness. The high content of lauric acid in the oil leaves skin quenched after a day in the sun or after a hot shower before bed. We are obsessed with Kapuluan and their very special coconut oil.
3. Harry’s Razors $20: Harry’s Winston razor offers a huge bang for the buck – giving shavers a beautiful metal handle crafted in Germany with razors that go the extra mile. Anyone who shaves with certain drug store varieties know that razors can give-out halfway through a serious “manscaping” session. Harry’s does not. This razor, with the best disposable heads we’ve tested, will last and last. It’s also as beautiful as it is effective.
4. Clarisonic Mia 2 $149: It’s no secret that Clarisonic can literally transform your skin. Ask anyone who has tried their award-winning devices, including us, and they will tell you that their skin has never felt so clean after using it. One of our favorites from the brand, the two-speed Mia 2 device, is small and compact – perfect for the gym bag or carry-on. Just add a dab of your favorite cleanser and the pulsating head will find its way around your face and neck to leave you sparkling clean. The Mia 2 is a “must” this holiday season and into the new year.
5. Indie Lee CoQ-10 Toner $32: Simple, enriching and fortifying, this toner is an all-natural blast of antioxidants for the skin. The founder began her line of skincare after a serious bout with a life-threatening brain tumor, and released offerings to the market which are eco-friendly, safe and effective. The toner is filled with antioxidant CoQ-10, which helps to brighten and hydrate skin – with the help of aloe and hyaluronic acid. Splash a bit on your face after a hot shower and you’ll notice the difference immediately.
6. Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil $32: For an easy-to-use skin perfecter, try this face oil which is derived from olives. The oil is fantastic for all skin types, hydrating and brightening your complexion easily. Apply a few drops after toning your skin and you’ll be set for the gym, sleep or to tackle a busy holiday meal with the family.